Would you like some cheese with that whine?

*warning* self-pity ahead *warning*

I haven't blogged as much as I ought to have lately. Not only are our kittens just adorable (and climbing up EVERYTHING), but Colin lost a tooth, I've been getting good grades (somehow) on all my Algebra tests, and stuff. However, looming over everything else for the last couple of weeks has been SICKNESS, and I'm tired of it.

It started with me - the cough, the fever, the flu. I missed school, teaching R.S., scouts, and I think I might have gained a hernia in the process of all that coughing. Then Greg got it, and missed four days of work. Colin got a fever and missed two days of school. My sickness turned into bronchitis and a cough that just won't go away. Then I got an infected tooth and had to make an emergency trip into the dentist, only she had to put me on antibiotics to get rid of the infection before she can do the root canal and crown that tooth needs. Hooray for painkillers. Now Spencer has been running a fever for two days, and has been miserably lying on the couch. (A big THANK YOU to my friend Susan who graciously watched Spencer while he was sick yesterday so I could still go to classes and the dentist!)

Frankly, I'm tired of it. Our kitchen counter looks like a pharmacy, there are so many medicine bottles scattered around. I'm tired of coughing every time someone makes me laugh (which happens often - I'm surrounded by amusing people). I can't just put my life on hold until I'm 100% better, because who knows when that will happen, and I have responsibilities in the meantime.

Okay, I'm done whining. (: Sometimes it feels better just to have a good gripe and get it off your chest!

Hopefully my next post will be far more entertaining than this one.

Comments