Catching up a bit - okay, a lot

One of my New Year's resolutions was to blog weekly. We can all see how well THAT's going. (:

I'm going to do some super-fast catching up.

Last weekend I went on a three-day scrapbooking retreat (that I try to go on annually). It was wonderful and relaxing with great food and company. I went through over 700 Disney pictures and finished three albums, which I was thrilled about.

I took advantage of being there ahead of almost everyone and spread across a bunch of tables to try to get organized.

Toward the end of February, we went down to Houston to visit some old friends of ours for the weekend. The adults got to go out to a symphony playing the music of Billy Joel (sung by the guy who starred in the Billy Joel musical), which was a blast.

Greg, Maria, Rex and Anne ready to go paint the town red

The boys all had fun dressing like Mario together.

Valentine's Day was a lot of fun, especially because Colin really took initiative and did something wonderful for the whole family (based off what Greg did for me a few years ago): he wrote messages for everyone in the family and left them around the house with Hershey Kisses. What a sweet boy.

This melted my heart.

In January, we were able to go to San Antonio with some good family friends for the weekend, and had a GREAT time.

The obligatory Alamo shot

The kids being forced to sit still for a moment for a group shot (:

Fish-poking! What could be better?

I avoid the camera usually, but it's nice to have proof that I was there once in a while

The kids even had fun hanging out in the hotel lobby together

Spencer earned his Bobcat at his first pack meeting. He loves Cub Scouts!

I have some catching up to do for 2009, too, but I think I'll do that in a different post. (:

Comments

Cindy Killebrew said…
That was really sweet of Colin! Congrats on the Bobcat Spencer!
Rachel said…
Fish-poking is an ancient and honorable sport, designed to encourage natural selection and speed the evolution process. When the fish start poking back we'll know we've been successful.