Mother's Day

It's been a wonderful Mother's Day. I wish I'd taken pictures of the crepes Greg made this morning - they had fresh sliced strawberries and bananas along with whipped cream and chocolate sauce! Mmmm. I could probably have that three times a day. Yum yum yum.

Actually, our Mother's Day celebration started a couple of days ago, with dinner out at Olive Garden. After that tasty meal we went to Target so I could register for the baby, while Greg snuck over to Lowe's to buy this Mother's Day surprise:

I've been saying for years that I really hated our overly fancy chandelier in the dining room, and Greg replaced it with this beautiful and BRIGHT (our kitchen table is now the brightest spot in the house) light fixture. Love it!!!!

Anyway, back to today. Colin and Spencer both made me cards, and Spencer made and baked a glittery Sculpey bracelet:


And both boys went out to the yard and clipped lots and LOTS of roses to put on the table for me:

After an intensive several days of assembly, today I finally finished this James Christensen fairy tale puzzle that Greg brought back for me as a present from his Utah trip. It was 1500 pieces, and was both fun and frustrating. Lesson learned: do NOT try to do a puzzle on a table that's almost the same size as the puzzle itself. I had to shuffle things around a lot.

I'm not a big fan of pictures of myself, but for Mother's Day it seems appropriate to post a pregnancy picture. I'm six months along now. We're 95% sure we're going to name him Jaden Alexander, but we reserve the right to change our minds. (:

I am thankful for my family that makes me feel so special on Mother's Day, and I'm also so thankful for all those - mothers and otherwise - who spend their time teaching and nurturing others. Happy Mother's Day!

Comments

Mandy said…
what a great mommy's day! glad to hear that your pregnancy is going well - you look great!
April said…
Love the new light fixture. I'm glad that you had such a great day. You look great. :-)