Pajama Time

It's been a strange, unseasonably cold week here in Texas with yesterday dipping down into the low 40s (and probably much colder with wind chill.) We also had a tornado watch Friday night with the sirens going off a few times. Colin, who is currently obsessed with tornadoes, was both excited and a bit scared.

It also didn't help that we showed Colin & Spencer some of those scary internet video pranks where in the middle of a calm video some picture cuts in with screaming noises to scare the viewer. We saw an America's Funniest Home Videos with people freaking out over those, and the boys were curious to know what they were seeing. So I showed them an example or two. They did their best to pretend like they weren't scared, but when they couldn't fall asleep later on that night, we learned that they really were, it just took some time to catch up to them. That won't stop me from sharing a link for anyone who wants to try some on other unsuspecting friends.

---

Yesterday our primary had it's quarterly activity which was a pajama party breakfast. So all the kids and most of the leaders showed up in their pajamas and had some food and played some games. I think we all had a good time despite having to run from the cars to the church building and back in our pajamas with the extremely cold wind freezing us.




Finally, this week I start a new project at work as the one I've been working on for the past year and a half has just finished. I'm moving back to the Lockheed Martin complex that's just across the street from our neighborhood so I can start walking to work. (And save on gas!) I have no idea what I'm going to be doing on my new project. However, since I've never understood anything else that I've done at work, it shouldn't be much of a change. The main thing is I've been handed over to System Engineering even though my background is in Software Engineering. Most of you won't have any idea what the difference is, but I understand there is a difference and hopefully soon I'll learn what it is.

Comments

Anonymous said…
glad that the storm didn't get you too bad. cute pajama pictures!