Mother's Day 07

It's been a few weeks since I've posted to the blog. My goal is to do this each Sunday, but two weeks ago I was busily engaged in warping through the last few discs of Star Trek:The Next Generation Season 6 because we were cancelling our Netflix account and I had to return them. Then last week was Mother's Day and I figured I'd best concentrate on Maria rather than this blog. I'm sure you all out there can understand.

Speaking of Mother's Day, I'm sure my mother wouldn't mind if I shared with you my little on-line greeting I made for her. You can see it here. Make sure the sound on your computer is turned on.

For my own better half on Mother's Day I decided to do something special and a little different this year. Maria's good friend Sharla had her birthday last week on the same day as Mother's Day. So I called up her husband Jeff and asked if he would like to get together with another couple (Don & Emily) and cook a fancy-shmancy meal for our wives. I figured the effort of a fancy meal divided by three should make things easier and allow our wives time to visit and enjoy each other while we slaved in the kitchen and took care of the multitudes of rampaging children.

Here's Don & Jeff helping to prepare shish kabobs.


And here are the pre-eaten partial results of our work:


In the end I believe the mothers all enjoyed the meal and we even had time to play a few games as couples before kids started crying too much and had to be taken home to bed.

Comments