Our Upstairs Neighbors

Just as I sat down to start uploading pictures and getting things ready to post to our blog this afternoon, our doorbell rang. I was surprised since we weren't expecting anyone. I opened the door to someone I didn't recognize who asked:

"Do you own any pet raccoons?"

That was a rather odd question. We have a cat, not raccoons. Then he turned and pointed to the end of our driveway where two raccoons were wandering around. I was a bit surprised because I had never actually seen any raccoons around here. For the longest time we'd been having what we thought was a squirrel problem in our attic. We'd hear noises and squeaking and other things up there. However, it looks like we finally met our upstairs neighbors, the Raccoon family.


We chased them around a bit as we attempted to block the opening that they had been using to enter our attic. This one ended up being backed in a corner in our porch.


Here's a second one who was climbing up our fence to attempt to return to the opening to the attic. We all wish they were tame because they were really cute animals.

Comments

Unknown said…
Now that you've met your upstairs tenents, what are you going to do with them? Have they caused much damage?

Love you guys
Gumby said…
I'm too afraid to go up in the attic and look! Which is partly why the problem has persisted for quite some time. I tried to go in the attic once but found I just wasn't nimble enough to maneuver around up there to chase anything out.
Pablo said…
Well you never know....maybe they are subletting, you might need to report them to the housing authority. :D