Harry Potter and the Trip to Utah

We've all been extremely busy this past week preparing for our trip to Utah. Maria was busy packing and I was busy reading Harry Potter. I'm a much slower reader than she is and I needed to reread them all before the new one came out. I had no idea how much I'd actually forgotten about in Book 6.

The new book arrived Saturday morning. Maria was taking it with her on the trip and she was leaving at 5 am Monday morning. That gave me about 40 hours to read the book or wait a week and a half when I finally go to Utah. I decided to do the marathon and get as far as I could before the book went on vacation without me. I finished last night at exactly midnight. I'll refrain from any spoiler and just say that I was satisfied and sad. Satisfied with the story and sad that this will be the last new Harry Potter book I'll ever read.

As I type this Maria, the boys, and Maria's parents are on their way to Utah. I'll be joining them next Wednesday. Until then, I'm alone, all alone, all by myself.

Oh, and Curtis Johnson, if you ever see this, about the new Harry Potter book: we told you so!

Comments