Visiting the Callisters & Greg's Magic Show

Continuing with our Utah trip...

On Monday, August 6th, we went to Tooele to visit my sister Shauna Callister and her family, Marc, Melody, Ashley, Ryan, & Chelby.

Maria mainly went to spend the day scrapbooking with Shauna. I came as the de facto baby-sitter, but also to see Shauna's home and spend time with my nieces and nephews. Also, I had promised to do some magic tricks.

Just before we moved to Texas (almost six years ago now) I performed as a clown/magician for Melody's birthday party. So the kids still remember that. I haven't performed anything for a while, and since I flew to Utah, I could only pack a few things that could fit in my luggage. So I spent most of the afternoon of our visit there rehearsing for an "impromptu" show that evening.

I took a break from rehearsing to play some Mario Kart with the kids. Melody and Ryan both completely destroyed me.

Here's Melody. She was turning five when I performed at her birthday party. I guess that would make her eleven now.

Here's Colin and Ryan helping with a magic trick.

And here's Ashley helping with another.

And here was my audience looking on with shock and awe at my mad magic skillz.

Luckily we were able to stay long enough for Marc to arrive home from work and impress us with an impromptu recital of some Jon Schmidt piano songs.

Comments