A few of my favorite things

I love decorating for Christmas. I collect nativity sets, and it's so fun to set each of them up and remember where I got them or who gave them to me.





I love our dancing Santa - he turns around and shakes his booty to the "Y'all Ready for This" song - cracks me up every time!



I love the glow of the Christmas lights on the tree when all the other lights are off at night.



I love hanging stockings on the fireplace, and the festive look of the mantle (though it's starting to look a little crowded). I love having wrapped presents to put under the tree.



I spend a fair amount of time reminding the kids of the real reason for the season, because I think I need to be reminded, too! All of the trappings of Christmas are wonderful and fun and I do truly enjoy them, but if you take them all away, the spirit of Christmas is still there (oh wait - I'm starting to sound like that "Grinch" movie!). I think that's one of the main reasons I love this time of year - it seems everyone is a little more willing to be giving, and to feel the joy of the season. Yup . . . I love Christmas!

Comments