Random November updates

Boy, I need to get on a better schedule for blog updates! Here are some things we did in November -

- I started my new calling as a Wolf Den leader. There are some great 8-year-old boys in there, and next year I get to work with Colin and his friends, too! It's a lot of fun.

- We started opening Christmas presents. See, here's my reasoning. It's much more fun to open one gift at a time and then have a chance to savor it, than to be overwhelmed by everything at once. Plus, we're going to Utah, and if we have a big present-opening spree here, then by the time we have Christmas in Utah it will feel like we've already HAD Christmas. This way, we get to have fun for over a month, and still feel like Christmas is Christmas! (:

- I went on a field trip with Colin and the whole first grade. We went to a park and then toured the Fort Worth Star Telegram, which was pretty cool. I had told the kids on the way into the bus that I was excited to see the monkeys typing on typewriters to make the papers, and some of them actually asked me when we got there where the monkeys were. I guess not all 7-year-olds get my sense of humor!




- We got a new table. It's awesome. I love Craigslist!



- Greg got a promotion at work. Yay!!!!

- Colin lost a tooth - his fifth. Luckily the tooth fairy remembered to come.



- I got the dreaded "Your child just threw up" call from the school a couple of weeks ago. Poor Spencer. He got to open an extra present to make him feel better, and he recovered quickly.



- Colin played Yu-Gi-Oh with anyone and everyone who would agree to play with him.



- Spencer and Colin got great report cards and perfect citizenship for the last six-week period, and got to choose a reward. Spencer wanted a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle van that shoots little plastic pizzas. Colin wanted more Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Go figure. (:





- We had both my parents and my sister and family over within one week of each other. Sadly, I usually forget to take the camera out when I have visitors, because I'm having too much fun with them. I'm thankful for my family!

- It got FREAKING COLD. How can it drop 50 degrees so quickly? We're thinking we need to put "fix our heater" higher up on our priority list!

- Here's just a random cute picture of Greg reading to the boys. He's pretty entertaining.



- We decorated for Christmas. I think I'm more anxious for Christmas than my kids are!!!

Well, that's it for the moment. Hope everyone is doing well!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, It's Mar! Hope you remember me. Email me when you can . xx
Gumby said…
Hi Mar. We're doing our best to try and remember you, but are failing. Which would mean we would not be able to email you vis-a-vis not being able to remember who you are. Could you help us out with a little more context?