Greg's Favorites of 2007

I'm going to give a list of my favorite things from 2007. Why? So I can look back in a few years and say, "Oh yeah, that's when I liked that silly thing that is now so out-of-fashion it's almost chic again."

Music:
I probably found more great new music this year than I have in the past 5 years combined. 2007 was a great year for music for me. The albums I listened to the most were:
  • Jackdaw4 - Bipolar Diversions (link to myspace page)
  • King Midas - Sorry

  • Mika - Life In Cartoon Motion
  • The Nines - Gran Jukle's Field (link to myspace page)
  • Rooney - Calling The World
  • Hoosiers - The Trick To Life
  • Munchener Freiheit - XVII
  • Malibu - Robo-Sapiens (link to myspace page)
  • The Delays - You See Colours (technically this is 2006, but I found it this year.)
  • The Mo - Night At The Zoo (2004 release, just found this year. I'm still looking for their first album that I can't seem to find.)
  • I could list over 40 other albums that I enjoyed, but those are my highlights for the year.

    Movies:
    Not a great year for movies for me, but there were still a few that I really enjoyed.
  • Stardust
  • Meet The Robinsons (missed it in the theaters, but found I really enjoyed the DVD)
  • Ratatouille
  • Harry Potter And The Order of the Phoenix (although we saw this on an Imax screen that was too huge and warped to comfortably watch it.)
  • Mr. Bean's Holiday (so it won't win any awards, it was still fun. Much better than his other movie.)
  • Hot Rod
  • The Simpsons Movie
  • Live Free Or Die Hard
  • Hot Fuzz
  • TMNT
  • I was most disappointed with "Spiderman 3." I remember enjoying it while watching it, but the more I reflected back on it, the more I found myself disliking it.

    TV:
    This was our first year with a DVR so we were able to catch a lot more programs than we ever have in the past to give them a chance. The shows I found myself watching and enjoying the most this year:
  • Office
  • My Name is Earl
  • 30 Rock
  • Lost
  • Heroes
  • Chuck
  • Reaper
  • Ninja Warrior
  • Flight of the Conchords
  • Simpsons
  • Two shows I wish were given more of a chance before being yanked off the air: "Andy Barker P.I." and "Drive."

    Books:
    I read the last Harry Potter book. And "Twilight" -- but since I'm not, nor ever have been a teenage girl, I don't think I was the right audience for it.

    Comments