Music To Draw To

As promised in an earlier post, I have spent the past month transcribing my songs to sheet music and now I share them with you beloved readers. Beware! Many of these are hard to play--even for myself and I wrote them!

I used a combination of tools to write these. I used Finale Notepad, a free version of Finale music composing software. It's very easy to use and quite powerful, but does not allow any deviations like key or time changes in the free version. Secondly I used NoteWorthy Composer which is harder to use, but allows you to do just about whatever you want. I sent the Noteworthy songs to my sister Shauna who has a registered version to print them to PDF, since the free version places a bunch of ugly text all over the pages to let everyone know how cheap you are for not buying the software. So if you see any differences in the music it's because they were written in different software.

I also made some nice cover art if you want to do what I did and print them all out and bind them together with a spiral ring to make it into a songbook.

Here are the songs, also with a direct link to the mp3 to download and follow along with (since some of you couldn't get the music widget to work):
Here is the extra large print-size cover in a zip file.
And here is the whole thing (minus mp3s) together in one semi-large zip file.

I hope some of you can find some enjoyment playing these songs. They really are fun to play once you don't have to actually look at the music.

Comments