The search is over!

For years, I have been wanting a recipe for the perfect chocolate mousse. Thanks to a friend at church (I owe you, CJ!), I now have one! I've adapted the measurements a bit, since I don't do decaliters or whatever.

Take about 10 1/2 ounces of dark chocolate and break it in pieces, or use chocolate chips, and place in large bowl. (I used two king-size bars of Hershey's dark chocolate and half a regular bar. Close enough.)

Boil some water (around 2 cups will do) and pour over the chocolate. Set it aside while the water softens the chocolate. (You'll be draining that water off soon.)

Take two eggs (if you're paranoid like me, wash them with soap and water and make sure there's no cracks) and whip them together with 3 Tablespoons of sugar. You want them light and frothy.

By now the chocolate should be pretty warm. Drain the water off (don't lose the chocolate!), and add the egg/sugar mix to the chocolate and mix it up.

Whip a pint of Heavy Whipping Cream until there are stiff peaks. Fold into the chocolate egg mixture.

Refrigerate, if you can stand to wait that long.

Sooooooo tasty!!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yum! Now I need some chocolate...
randivon said…
That dish looks sooo good. You did a great job. We cannot seem to get it perfected but that helping looks pretty close to perfect. Wahooo... you can make the mousse for our stinky cheese night. :-)
Aubrey said…
Mmmmmm, so good! Thanks for sharing! My kids loved it too, although I did NOT love having to share!
Chatty Family said…
That looks really yummy. I have loved your last few posts. I don't mind that you have blogged a lot. Hey, do you still keep in touch with any BYU-ers? Like Becky?