10 Years (+3 months)


I was reading the blog of some friends (Hello Quinns!) and saw a post about their 10 year anniversary and I realized that somehow we had completely overlooked posting about our own.

Our 10 year anniversary was this past January. Ten years ago was when "Titanic" was a huge phenomenon, 80s retro was just coming in vogue ("The Wedding Singer"), and stores were suddenly adding "DOT COM" to their names. It was a magical time to be alive and a great time to get married. (I'm not kidding. We had 2 close friends and my sister also get married the same year.)

One of the reasons I hadn't posted about our anniversary was that we haven't actually properly celebrated it yet. Maria was actually sick on the day of, but we did manage to get out to a fancy churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse) called "Texas De Brazil" which is a wonderful restaurant, but normally too expensive to visit.

Our real 10 year anniversary celebration will occur at the end of the month. I have a business conference scheduled at Las Vegas and I've decided to fly Maria in to join me for a few days for a nice mini-vacation/Vegas weekend honeymoon.

Neither of us has been to Vegas before, and we are still trying to plan out what we'll do there. We are more interested in the attractions than the shows (and definitely not the gambling,) but we can use any advice we can from anyone who has been to Vegas and would like to recommend things to do or see while we are there.

Comments

The Gee Six said…
Wow, if only you guys knew someone who had lived in Vegas for oh, say 8 years. That would be so helpful . . . Of course, those same people haven't really been back in 9 years, so it may not actually be that helpful. Congrats on 10 years!
CourtneyB said…
Aubrey, your suggestions were very helpful! I need to take notes next time. (:
Sharla said…
That's where we honeymooned and other than the food poisoning it was a great time :). If you want any other advice (other than the imput from the native) let me know. I hope you have an awesome time and don't have the same issue we did!
Christian said…
Ten years? Really? Has it been that long? I really don't think we're that old.

Congratulations though. :)

Christian
Cindy Killebrew said…
Congratulations! I have never been to Vegas so I am useless there.
randivon said…
Here is my advice. Don't eat at Circus Circus and definitely see the volcano at the Mirage. Other than that, it is all fun for a few days. :-) I hope you guys have a great time and I wish I were coming!