Spring Break trip to Longview

Since we were blessed to have the boys' Spring Break coincide with mine, I decided to take them for a long-overdue visit to my parents' house in Longview (East Texas). Of course, the very first thing the boys did was to find BIG STICKS. Seriously, the sticks were one of their highlights of the trip.



One of the advantages of my parents living on 90-some-odd acres of wooded land is that we were able to have nice, long adventure walks without leaving their property! Here's Mom and Dad setting off on the first walk we went on, to explore a path Dad had made (a hobby of his).


And on the way back, I caught this shot of Spencer keeping pace with Grandpa, which I thought was pretty sweet.


Another sweet Spencer/Grandpa moment. Notice the tractor visible through the window. This is one of MANY.


Ah, there's nothing like climbing onto a nearby tractor and doing cool poses.


Here's my main purpose of the trip, other than of course seeing my parents - to get the laminate flooring back in place. We didn't manage to finish it before I left (has anyone ever told you that putting down laminate flooring that has been previously used and slightly warped is HARD?), but Dad and Mom finished it up within a week or so. Go Mom and Dad! Woo hoo!!!


The boys were pretty good about entertaining themselves while I worked. I came out to check on them once, and they were clearly engaged in secret and important business. As I got closer, I saw that they were working closely together on a . . .pile of dirt. Colin mischievously informed me that he was going to make a pile SO big that Grandpa would have to drive around it. (Didn't happen, but it kept them busy!)


It was really nice being out there. We were sad to miss my brother's family, who was in Nauvoo for Spring Break. Hopefully next time!

Comments

Sharla said…
I'm glad the boys had fun on spring break too. That's good the flooring got done! It's always nice to feel like you accomplish something (especially when it starts and you're not sure when it will get completed)!
Cindy Killebrew said…
What a great place to play!