My smiley faces are NOT backwards!

Someone commented in a meeting the other day about how I use backwards smiley faces. I do realize that 99.9% or more of people do smiley faces the other direction than I do, but let me explain . . .

1) I started using email back in 1995 or 1996, long before any of my friends did. I ALSO started using it before emoticons were widely used and accepted. When I wrote in print, I always peppered my correspondence with smiley faces, so naturally I transferred them to my emails.

2) Sideways is sideways. Who is to say that sideways to the left is better than sideways to the right? Okay, I'll admit that most programs now automatically transfer the sideways-to-the-left smiley face to an icon of a smiley face, but back in the day, they didn't. By the time that little feature came around, the habit was ingrained . . .

3) I have a stubborn streak. Enough said.

And there you have it - the reason behind my smiley face. (:

Comments

Jeffrey said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeffrey said…
I always thought you were smiley face dyslexic. It's nothing to be ashamed of. :)
The Gee Six said…
:-) You make me laugh. Somehow, it is just appropriate that you do it differently than everyone else!
April said…
I never thought about it; your smiley faces are cute!
Anonymous said…
Your smiley faces are still backwards, regardless of how you learned to do them. Saying that your way is right while everyone else does it correctly is as stuck-up as driving on the wrong side of the road simply because that's how you learned to drive and you refuse to behave like a normal member of society. Get off your high horse, stop trying to make a stand or be different and just type smilies in a way that can be understood by the majority of people.
Matty-poo said…
YOU'RE A MONSTER!
Unknown said…
heey i also make my smileys backwards, i love doing it that way, my friends get confused but makes writing on msn or w.e fun, and diferent isnt a bad thing! i love being different, my friends always say that they love how im different. just recently i met a new friend and he never knew i did that, he got confused and now he does it bc he thinks its awesome!
its nothing to be ashamed of its just the way yeh are (: