Denial isn't just a river in Egypt - a homeschooling update

The boys and I have been having a lot of fun homeschooling this year. I haven't taken lots of pictures of the things we've been doing . . . hardly any, in fact. However, I just had to take a picture of the model of the Nile River that the kids made along with our study of Ancient Egypt:



(The tin foil was supposed be be shaped more like the Nile, but it was HARD to shape!)

The boys planted grass seeds and then flooded the Nile to water them. Spencer made some nice little Play-Doh pyramids to decorate it with.

I wish I'd taken pictures of the Archaeological dig we had last month. I set up a box of sand with a bunch of things buried in it, and the boys made grids and then dug things up and tried to decide what they'd learn about our civilization from what they'd found. They LOVED that.

We've also taken some field trips - this past week we went to Homeschool Day at the Fort Worth Zoo with some friends, and the week before that we went to the National Bureau of Engraving and Printing and saw money being made. Very cool!

All in all, we're having fun, and learning lots (sometimes I think I'm more excited about what the boys are learning than they are, but hey, I'm a knowledge geek). (:

Comments

Cindy Killebrew said…
What a great teacher! Your enthuasium is wonerful! The project looks so cool!
Anonymous said…
home school, where have I been, that is awesome, maybe someday I grow up and be a way cool mom like you