Hold the sugar, please!


I've known for a while that I needed to do SOMETHING to change my health. Completely aside from the weight issue, I've been suffering from fatigue, constantly aching muscles, headaches, and the list goes on. (In fact, even sitting and writing this, I am really hurting.) I take lots of Ibuprofen and try not to think about it too much, but it's just been getting worse.

Somewhat recently, the thought occurred to me that I should try taking refined sugar out of my diet - or at least things that are overtly sugary (desserts, sodas, candy, etc.). I resisted, of course. What is life without chocolate?!? Then it started coming up in everyday conversations, or random articles I ran across. This has happened to me before - when there is something I really need to take notice of but don't want to, it suddenly crops up all around. So last Tuesday evening I suddenly announced to Greg that in the morning, I was going off sugar. No more putting it off and waiting until after Halloween, or Thanksgiving, or Christmas - the time is NOW.

I haven't thrown away the treats in the house (though I don't plan on buying more when they're gone), but miraculously I haven't even really been tempted yet. With as much of a sweet tooth as I have, I think that is a real blessing!

It's too soon to really notice much of a difference, but I have high hopes that this will be a good step on the path to wellness.



Comments

Dalton Family said…
Good for you! I would love to hear how it is working for you.
The Gee Six said…
I am very proud of you. I don't think I could do that. I will lend my support to the cause by eating your share of sugar. It will be tough, but I'm willing to do it because that is just the kind of friend I am!
Donelle said…
That's awesome and I'm sure you are going to see GREAT results:)