Maria's long and rambling update

Wow, I just realized that as much as I post about what the kids are doing and whatnot, I write very little about what's going on in my life. Part of it is that I keep intending to do longer posts about some things, but now that it's been a while, I'm going to give up and do a summary:

In July I went to a week-long Scouting training course called Wood Badge. It was hard, but AWESOME. I was with some incredible people in my patrol, and I learned so much! I'm going to do an entire scrapbook based on my week there, but in the meantime, here's a picture of the Antelope Patrol:

The day after I got back from Wood Badge, I was called to be a counselor in the Stake Primary Presidency, which means I am now a Unit Commissioner, and sadly was no longer able to be the Cub Committee Chair. (Yes - I had to re-write some of my goals from Wood Badge. It's all good.)

August was CRAZY busy, as I had an all-day training the first Saturday to learn how to be a Unit Commissioner, an all-day training the second Saturday to learn how to be a trainer, and then I was in charge of an all-day training the third Saturday for the scouting leaders in our Stake. I got to be one of the trainers, and it was actually a lot of fun (once all the preparation was over). There were also several meetings, a ward conference, and visits to other wards. I could tell my new calling was going to keep me busy!

September was more low-key, which was good because we were starting the school year, and we were also sick for a lot of it. Still lots of meetings and stuff. The highlight of the month was DEFINITELY the three-day scrapbook retreat that I got to go on at the end of the month. I got to eat great food, visit with wonderful people, and I got 62 pages done! (Thanks Greg!) I loved the new Creative Memories stuff so much (they FINALLY went to true 12x12 - hooray! - and their digital stuff is awesome!) that I signed back up as a consultant, mainly to get stuff at cost. If any of my friends reading this needs any CM stuff, let me know and I'll hook you up. (;

One fun thing in the middle of the general insanity has been doing a card exchange with a few friends. Before this, I'd never made cards - it's a slightly different mindset than scrapbooking, since you're not working around photos and journaling, but it's fun. Here's the latest ones I made (hooray for my Cricut!).

This month we had the 11-year-old campout and the Stake Primary Training on the same weekend - phew! They both went well, and it's always wonderful to work with these wonderful women (sorry Jenny, I don't have a picture of you!):

This is Jessica Filina and Carrie Jefferies, the second counselor and president of the Stake Primary. It was so fun hanging out with them at the campout!

Well, that's not exactly my life in a nutshell, but it's a start. Consider yourself updated. (:

Comments

Cindy Killebrew said…
Congrats on your new calling! I know you are going to do a fantastic job!
Sharla said…
It's nice to see all of the things you've been busy with. I feel like I post about my kids, but never me... hmmm, maybe there's a reason for that. Glad to know you are still around even though it's a crazy life :)
Donelle said…
You are busy, busy! Love your card. This has been so fun making cards and I'm glad others are enjoying it as well :)