These kids crack me up!

Spencer was just campaigning for a play date. I told him we wouldn't be going anywhere, since Colin was sick. He asked for someone to come over here, and again I told him that nobody would want to get sick from Colin.

His response: "Except remember what it says at church? Visit the sick!"

Last week, Colin said getting dressed was one of his favorite parts of the day, because he could choose his style. He does have very definite opinions about what to wear and how he wants his hair! I predict he's going to be one of those teenagers that spends HOURS in front of the mirror. (;

The boys continue to love reading. Here they both are reading the same one, despite the many options we have:

Last week the boys decided they wanted to go camping, and decided to build a campsite in our back yard. This consisted of camping chairs, a pretend fire (with flame shirt hanging over it like flames), and lots of tools and water bottles and weapons. You know, the stuff you need for camping! They ate dinner outside and were just thrilled. They didn't actually sleep outside - apparently that's not a crucial part of the camping experience!



Colin has been waking all of us up a lot recently. I'm not sure why. He'll knock on our door at 1 am or so, and inform us that he can't sleep. A few days ago this happened, and I had barely drifted back off an hour later when he knocked again and said that he heard something scrabbling around in his room and they were both too scared to sleep. I came out the next morning to find this:

I guess they just got so exhausted they fell asleep together on the couch.

Comments

Sharla said…
They are too cute! It amazes me to see our little ones turn into such definate "people", and not just our sweet babies. Collin's style is quite his own and the camping was worth experiencing I'm sure. Isn't sleeping in your own bed the best part of camping at home?!
Cindy Killebrew said…
I love camping in the backyard! Those boys sure are getting big. I love the last picture of them sleeping together :)