Hollywood movie birthday party

For those one or two of you who don't know, Greg and I gave ourselves an early Christmas present this year that Greg especially has been pining over for quite a while:

So when my birthday rolled around, it seemed like a great time to both have a party and enjoy the new TV. Greg found a new xbox game called "You're in the Movies" that sounded fun, so we picked it up and invited a few of our young-at-heart friends over to play with us (not as many as we'd have liked to, but we have size limitations!).

Not being capable of doing anything halfway, of course I went way overboard with the theme.

This is the red carpet for our "movie stars" to walk on when they entered. We had them sign gold stars that we taped to the floor.

We had a concessions stand with really high prices (just kidding)

And lots of food. This photo was taken before even more food arrived (thanks, Donelle and Emily!) Aren't those serving plates gorgeous? Some really great friends gave those to me for my birthday. Handy timing!!! (:

Here's a closeup of the fruit bouquet. My friend Amy did this. Isn't it beautiful? This was in place of a birthday cake, since I'm still off sugar (two months tomorrow!)

And here are our movie stars arriving:

Randy and Donelle

Cassity and Justin

Aubrey

Emily and Matt

We set up a green sheet as a green screen for a background. In this picture you can sort of see how it works, with Donelle looking into the camera and doing what it says, and it showing her on the tv.

Matt REALLY got into the acting and mini games!

Justin got some good air here!

Greg and I are playing a mini game here. The camera records what you're doing and then puts bits of it into the movie at the end.

Justin and Cassity gettin' down and funky.

Greg enjoying the show (and some popcorn).

Emily, Donelle and Randy laughing over Matt's antics onscreen.

It was a lot of fun, and I appreciate Greg for the idea and our friends for coming!

If you live anywhere close and this sounds like fun at all, you're welcome to come over and play with us - just give us a call. (:

Comments

Jeffrey said…
May I come next time? And Happy Birthday!
April said…
Looks so fun! I wish we could come play!

Congrats being off of sugar, that's a huge deal! How is is working out?
Cindy Killebrew said…
Happy Birthday! What a great theme! Do they have the same thing for Wii? That looks like a lot fun!
Anonymous said…
Man that was the best ever....I'm coming over every night, if you don't mind. Thanks for everything, you guys really are the best.
jess... said…
wow, what a cool birthday! Looks like you guys had a blast. Go Greg for making your day fun:)
A Tale of Three said…
I want to come next time...I'll even bring Andrew.