Just in case


Ever since we replaced our giant entertainment center with a low console, I've wanted another solution to display my 12" scrapbooks. They are too big for conventional bookcases, but I really wanted them out in our living room where the kids or visitors could easily pull them out and look through them.

Greg actually came up with the idea of putting the scrapbooks in my glass case. At first I resisted (it seemed odd to have them behind glass doors), but if they fit it would be a fairly easy solution, and there was enough available room to grow into (since I have another 10 or so albums in process right now).

The biggest problem was adjusting the shelves in the case. Greg wasn't home, and it really takes two people to screw the shelf holders in. Not only that, but unless you remove the glass doors you have to reach around both of them - REALLY something I couldn't do on my own!

Luckily Spencer loves fitting into small spaces. I handed him my screwdriver and closed the doors on him, and then went to the other side to hold the screw in place.

He loved it, and it was very helpful to me, too! I told him he's the cutest thing I've ever displayed in there. (:

Comments

Dalton Family said…
I love it! I think Spencer's the cutest thing you've displayed too!
MammaMelgar said…
You could just leave him in there, he is very cute.
Sharla said…
Do you think he would survive in a glass case? They grow too fast, at least he would be well preserved right :)... or not so well, but still a nice sight to look at for a while. He looks quite handy in there too! What a talented little helper!
Cindy Killebrew said…
What a nice handy man! That looks like it is a nice way to display your books.
CourtneyB said…
It is nice - I'm especially happy to have them OUT where they can be enjoyed. To me, it's almost pointless to go to the effort of scrapbooking if nobody ever looks at it, you know?