A day in the life . . .

So since my schedule is unusually open this week, I decided to finally do what I've been putting off for a couple of years and get ready for a yard sale (added incentive: buying tickets to Disney World). One of the main reasons I've been putting this off (other than a lack of energy and motivation in general) is because there were over a dozen giant boxes of random toy mess out in the garage that needed to be sorted through.

It's WAY too hot to be out in the garage sorting, so I brought all of the boxes in and dumped them in a giant pile in the middle of the living room. This picture is after a full day of working on the pile, sorting, pricing, tossing . . . it will probably take another full day to get through it all and reclaim my poor living room.


Greg, bless his heart, came home and saw how exhausted I was, and took us out to Arby's for dinner, then after a couple of small errands, to Half-Price books (he knows that books are therapeutic for me), and then to Don Pablos for fried ice cream. He was a life-saver! I really needed to get out of the house and away from it all for a little while.

On a cuter note, Spencer got out the Sculpey during one of our breaks and made this:

It's a snake going across some rocks with some baby snakes and a mouse. Isn't it adorable?

Comments

Gumby said…
By the way, there are two kids in the first picture. See if you can find them!
Remodelaholic said…
Oh man- What a woman, it makes me tired thinking about it! I hope you get a ton of Disney money for all your work!

p.s.- I am exctied to hear about a good fried ice cream spot! We will have to make our way over there when we can!
Dalton Family said…
If you get finished quickly let me know and I can add some more boxes to your living room! lol

Greg is so good to you, but I know you are good to him too!