One of the many ways I torture my son


Greg and I mess with our kids. It's just something we do.

For example, Colin has been frequently and loudly anticipating his birthday, so I decided to really give him something to look forward to. I went and wrapped all of his presents a couple of days ago, and hung or placed them all over the living room and kitchen, out of his reach. At the point I did this, it was still four days until his birthday, so it was extreme torture for him. I even tied a couple of them to the pull chain on our lights, but those had to go because Greg and I kept thwacking our heads on them. Ow.

So handy, to have these hooks in the ceiling . . .

This one was too unwieldy to hang, so I tacked it to the ceiling above a doorway.

It's all in good fun - if he REALLY wanted to get at them, he could. He's been having a good time trying to guess what they all are.

Comments

Cindy Killebrew said…
I'm suprised he didn't find a way up there. I think Todd would have. That is such a cute idea!
Sharla said…
How funny! I'm glad he's a good sport about it! Frankly I'm surprised you had the willpower not to just give them to him... you know at Christmas it lasts for weeks before with all the present opening in your house :)!
CourtneyB said…
Well, I knew I needed something to give him ON his birthday, so that helped with restraint. (: