Spencer The Famous Pianist



Spencer has been learning a lot of random songs on the piano, and somewhat recently he asked to learn the piano solo part to a song that we have been listening to called "Swim" by a band from Denmark called Oh No Ono.

Both the song and this particular segment are surprisingly complex and it took me quite a while to work out the actual notes, which I then wrote out and taught note by note to Spencer. Since then he's been playing it repeatedly to the point of annoyance as all kids tend to do.

With the wonderful world of the Internet that can connect us to people all over the world, I had the bright idea of capturing Spencer's performance and posting it on YouTube and then sending it to the band themselves via Facebook. They wrote back and said they loved it and reposted it via Twitter, Facebook, and on their YouTube channel as well. Now it's been viewed over 300 times from people all over the world. (Which is at least 10 times more most of my other videos.)

I've attempted to repost a streaming version of the song he's playing from here. I'm linking to a version from the band's own website, so I hope they don't mind. I kept the "buy it on iTunes" link just in case. The precise moment that Spencer is playing in the video occurs at time 3:25.


BUY IT FROM iTUNES

Comments

Rachel said…
Swe-eet. Are you asking for royalties?
Sharla said…
Super cool! Way to go Spencer!