Workbox update


I enthused last April about workboxes, and how they'd organized our homeschooling. I've made a few tweaks (mainly adding another set of three drawers for things we do together) - here's what our workbox setup looked like the first day of school:

Combined drawer 1 - history (Story of the World, timeline stuff)

Combined drawer 2 - Geography (and boy, do those songs get stuck in your head!)

Combined drawer 3 - Sonlight Core 2 read-alouds for the week

Colin drawer 1 - journal, illustrated scripture stories, and his reading glasses

Colin drawer 2 - handwriting, health

Colin drawer 3 - SRA Real Math

Colin drawer 4 - Writing with Ease worksheet

Colin drawer 5 - Considering God's Creation science (they get to do the neatest things! I'm really excited about this one)

Colin drawer 6 - Sonlight readers for the day

Some people question what the furor over workboxes is all about, but I LOVE them. It forces me to organize things ahead of time, and it provides order to our school day. The kids know exactly what is expected of them and how much they have left to do (not once have they asked me when they'll be done this week!). It sure beats the towering stack of books I used to have by my side when doing school! (:

Comments