Song: Run For Your Life

(Reposted from my synth blog.)

I just finished my sixth song at the end of October, "Run For Your Life" -- an ode to a failed supervillain.
Greg Whitehead - Run For Your Life by GWGumby

I worked on this song over much of October. Lyrically, I had an idea of a very successful supervillain with intentions of world domination, who nearly succeeds, but then fails and has the entire world after him. So now with what little he has left, he has to leave and start his life over again on a cool space lair or moon base or something.

Once again, everything here was written and performed by me. I think it all works pretty well, and I'm particularly proud of the piano solo 2/3rds of the way into the song. I'm not always that great of a player, however other than some post-rhythm fixing, I recorded the entire solo in a single take.

Once again I made a YouTube video with a bunch of random images from the web that I threw together that basically fit the song. Enjoy!

Comments