The most snow EVER!


Fort Worth hit a new record yesterday - over a foot of snow in a 24-hour period! It does NOT feel like Texas out there! It is beautiful, and though the snow on the roads makes travel more difficult, I'll still be sad when it melts.

We took a walk last night to a nearby park and had some fun. Spencer dropped down on his face, and Greg and Colin immediately started burying him in snow.


We found a nice little hill that would have been nice for sledding, but since we didn't have anything like that, the kids rolled down it instead.

Colin started rolling up a ball - it was perfect packing snow! We were seeing snowmen all over the neighborhood.

Spencer got a ball going and persevered until it got really big and needed Greg's help pushing it.


Eventually the ball turned sideways, and Spencer decided it was a throne.

Both boys had fun smashing it afterward, and came close to getting stuck inside!

This morning there was even MORE snow on the ground, so of course the boys went out to play in it again.

Here's Spencer resting after hard work building a fort and making snowballs.

Colin decided to rest face-down. I don't know, that doesn't look too comfortable to me!

I just enjoyed going around and taking pictures of the snow. It makes everything look so different!

Here's our street out front. I feel kind of bad that our branches are hanging low enough that it's causing problems for drivers passing through.

Our bush by our front door.

The tree by the shed in the back. I think bare winter trees covered in snow is one of my favorite sights - it just needs a sunset behind it to top it off. (:

Comments

April said…
That's awesome! It looks like so much fun. I miss having snow.
Cindy Killebrew said…
Great pictures! You really captured their fun!
Rachel said…
I wish I had snow. I'd make an army of ninja invaders to attack the chickens
Kirchner Family said…
Man - everyone in fort worth had such great fun in the snow - while we were just plain old cold in houston - great pics!