Catching up even more - Holidays 2009

Better late than never, right? Here are some catch-up things for the end of 2009.

New Year's Eve is a low-key but fun celebration in our house. The kids get to stay up late (but not until midnight) and make lots of noise with party poppers and horns and stuff.


Christmas is my favorite time of the year! We didn't spread it out quite as much as usual, but there were still a few early presents opened. One of the significant ones opened early was Greg's iPhone - no way was he going to wait over a month to get it!

Colin and Spencer opening presents from their Utah grandparents

Hooray, new pajamas!

Christmas Eve dinner - yummy!

Christmas Eve fire. A tradition Spencer insists on.

Christmas morning stockings

One of the Jim Shore Disney figurines Greg gave me. I love them!

Greg with coupons from the boys.

Spencer trying out his new skateboard.

Greg wearing his *three* ties to church.

For my birthday earlier in December, we got a raclette grill. It was a fun dinner, but it took a lot of prep - probably something we'll only do for special occasions.


The boys made me a cake


We got family pictures taken at the Botanical Gardens the weekend of my birthday (incidentally, also the day I found out I was pregnant!). Here are a few of my favorites:






Greg's sister Sharie and her family all drove from California to spend Thanksgiving week with us. It was a wonderful visit, especially since we only get to see them every few years.

The four boys in our driveway - Spencer, Colin, Thomas and Richard

At the Boy Scout Museum in Irving

Colin and Richard having a deep discussion at the Botanical Gardens

Dinosaur Valley - so glad nobody fell in!

At the Stockyards. Have you ever seen a more stereotypical "Texan" car?

In jail at the Stockyards. So sad.

All set for Thanksgiving dinner.

Sharie, Adam and kids at the Dallas LDS temple.

Our family at the temple.

Colin and Spencer were in a homeschool play earlier in November. Unfortunately, my camera ran out of batteries before recording the actual play, but here they are as the pig and the fox from the Gingerbread Man.


Colin was in charge of an activity at a church function. I loved watching him - he really took the responsibility seriously, and did a great job explaining the game and manning his post.

Colin saluting at a pack meeting. What a handsome Cub Scout he is.

We got two dwarf hamsters in October sometime. They've been fun to watch.

It's been a fun several months. Now, I just need to keep up on blogging about it better! (:

Comments

Chatty Family said…
I LOVE the family pictures! Glad you are updating and can't wait to see more!
April said…
Colin & Spencer are going to be heartbreakers for sure! Love the family pictures! So is Greg totally obsessed with his iPhone? Curtis used to have it on him almost 24/7 when he first got one.
Cindy Killebrew said…
That was a lot to catch up! I love your family pictures! Just think, next year there will be a new little guy!
Remodelaholic said…
You all really have been busy! It is good to see the updates!
Rachel said…
Those look like pillowcases to me. I haven't had a stocking in more than five years and now I know why. SOMEONE is cornering the market.
The Gee Six said…
I don't remember the 3 ties at church . . . I think Greg should have totally worn them all! Thanks for blogging again (not that I don't know what you're doing, but the pics are fun).
Sharla said…
Love all the updates... Seriously I agree that the stockings are more like pillow cases! Oh and great family pics! I love the first one with the boys running, but they all look great! It will be fun to add another little on to that picture :). Happy holidays, new years etc!