Disc Golf

While I was out of town at my scrapbooking retreat last weekend, Greg took the boys out to play frisbee golf (or disc golf, I guess it's officially called) for the first time. They had a lot of fun, despite brambles and mud and streams and such. They wanted to go again on the last sunny and warm day we had this week, so we picked up a few more frisbees (who knew there was such a big selection? It's like golf clubs - crazy!) and headed out to a park in Benbrook.

It was a beautiful park, though it was NOT very clearly marked where to go next. Luckily there were lots of helpful people around that pointed which way to go. We didn't even attempt to keep score - we're just not that good yet, and it seemed like a fairly challenging course. It was still fun, even though my frisbees seemed to be magnetically attracted to trees or bushes on EVERY SINGLE throw. I wasn't up to doing even remotely an entire course, but I'm sure we'll go out again sometime and try again.

Spencer showing two frisbees. I think these are a mid-range and a distance one.

Here's Colin getting ready for a throw

The guys on their way down a hill. You couldn't even see the goal from the throwing point on this one.

Spencer heading for his frisbee

Greg with a super-easy shot to end the game.

Victory!

And this is how we ended the day - with Spencer saying "Hey Mom, see if you can get a picture of me with my frisbee in the air!" And then he threw it straight towards me. I have a nice little lump on my forehead now.

Comments

Rachel said…
Ouch. This is when you sit down and have that talk about making sure your mom wants to take you out for frisbee golf more than once. It applies to more than this one activity. This is why I'm always careful to do any assigned chores when my parents leave me home alone. It want to make sure there's a next time.
The Gee Six said…
That looks like fun (other than the frisbee to the forehead)! We'll have to give that a try sometimes.
Sharla said…
I think that might be a kind of golf I would enjoy :). Thanks for sharing!