My sister is super-awesome

I feel the need to rave about how cool and super-awesome my sister Brenda is for a while.

She made quilts for both my boys when they were born - which they love and still sleep with every night.

She dropped everything and came and spent a grueling day helping clean up after our summer 2004 flood (along with other family and friends, but this post is about her). (: She ALSO took all my nasty flood-water laundry - bags and bags of it - and washed all of it!

She took a belly-dancing class with me just for fun.

She finished a dress for me that I was clearly never going to finish when I was 18 or 19.

Oh, and she made TWO dresses for me just this year, based on my favorite dress in the world that is getting worn thin.

She made me beautiful jewelry that I adore.

More important than anything she's made for me (though I love all of it), though, is that she is the person that I can call at any time, and she is always there for me. We have laughed together, cried together, encouraged each other, and even chewed each other out when necessary. She is the reason I have unlimited long distance. (: There is no place she could move far enough away that we would ever lose touch. She is my mentor in pretty much every way, and she is my hero. I love you, Bre!

Comments

April said…
What a nice tribute to your sister. Sisters are the best! :-)
Sharla said…
I love sisters... sister-in-laws are pretty great too. Oh, and I love friends... I'm sure I could go on and on :)
love ya!