Stop Motion Fun

Recently I purchased a fun little app on the iPhone called "StopMotion Recorder." This is something I wish I had as a kid because I've always loved animation and I always wanted to be able to make stop motion movies, but never had a good method to do so.

I got it not just for myself, but especially for the boys. Spencer really loves modeling clay and I thought it would be fun for him to bring some of his creations to life. Both boys really took to this app and have been running around making little movies for the past few weeks. Maria has had to fight to have a chance to use her phone. Mine is less available since I take it to work with me. :)

Anyway, here's a sampling of some of their work. They're all really short, usually lasting around 6-15 seconds each. Some of them are so short that they loop a few times just to keep it interesting.

Colin shoots an arrow at Spencer:


Spencer does some stop motion with clay:


Spencer shows off his amazing skill:


1-week-old Jaden scoots around the front room:


Colin's bottom takes over:


Having some fun with Spencer:


Building a Lego house:


This is just a small sampling of everything they've done. Maybe we'll show some more later, but I think that should do it for now. I'm pretty impressed with a lot of the ideas that they come up with and hope they will keep trying new ones in the future.

Comments

Ryan and I had a lot of fun watching these. Now my kids are going to want a feature like this on their phones.

Love you guys!
Shauna
April said…
Supercool! Spencer's head turning around is so creepy, I love it! I'll have to tell Curt about it.
Remodelaholic said…
That head twisting one is pretty good/scary! This is so fun!