Maria's birthday

For the first time this year, I started to understand why some people don't like their birthdays. 37 is starting to feel awfully close to 40 . . . eek! Still, my family did a wonderful job making me feel special and it was a great day.

The guys made me oatmeal and hot chocolate for breakfast.

Colin was SO excited to give me the present he'd picked out and bought himself!

Aw, a cute little Mickey!

Spencer gave me candy . . . which he promptly asked for a piece of. This kid knows how to work the system!

Displaying all my presents. Some awesome Tangled stuff (LOVED that movie), and I got the photo scanner that I really really wanted! Thanks Greg!

After the kids had done school, I dragged them out to the Benbrook Antique Mall. I'd never been, and it sounded like it would be a fun thing to look through.

Lots of Jim Shore - I love his stuff! (Hardly antique, but I'm not complaining.)

Colin was impressed by all the antique coins.

Spencer loved this goblet with a Hot Wheels car as a base. You just never know what you'll find at a antique store!

We took some time during the day to try to get a good picture of Jaden for his grandma's bath collection (she has a picture of all the grandkids as infants in or around tubs or towels). We had tried in November to get one at Kiddie Kandids - it was a miserable failure, so this will have to do for now!

Greg out doing his magic with the grill, getting my birthday dinner ready.

Mmmmm. This picture makes me hungry all over again! Greg sure makes great steaks!

The cake that the boys decorated - it was very tasty!

Colin showing off Mickey as our "Christmas star" on our tree (;

This is how Spencer set up the Tangled dolls. I laughed and left them there. These kids crack me up!

It was a fun day surrounded by my family that I love and adore . . . what could be better? (:

Comments

April said…
I'm glad you had such a great birthday. I know what you mean about 37 being so close to 40! Kind of scary.

I LOVED the movie Tangled too. I can't wait until it comes out on DVD.