November (and a wee bit of December) update


Jaden is four months old today! Time for another blog update!

To me, four months is the magical point where babies really start coming into their own. They've grown out of that universal newborn look and you can start seeing the boy (or girl, but in my case always boy) they will become. They can sit up with help, start eating cereal, roll and wiggle around, grab things and bring them to their mouths, and entertain everyone around them. I LOVE this age.

Colin and Jaden in jammies

Jaden feel asleep in his jumper again - it was hysterical, because he'd startle awake and start jumping again, and then doze off a minute later.

The boys at the theater, the day Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows opened. They were SO excited to see it! Now we just have to wait for the last installment.

I got to go see my sister Brenda and celebrate her 40th birthday with her! We had a fun time browsing an antique store and hanging out at Dairy Queen.

A shot of Jaden I took when we were out getting family pictures taken. Magic fingers!

Greg put Jaden in a swing at the park after taking family pictures - and he fell asleep!

Colin and Spencer got to go with some other Cub Scouts and earn a horseback riding belt loop and pin, thanks to the generosity of a church member.


I couldn't resist this "1st Christmas" sleeper. Soooo cute!

Thanksgiving is over - who's ready for CHRISTMAS?!?!

Here are the boys decorating the tree the morning after Thanksgiving. They actually did it almost entirely on their own, though I admit I did some coaching from the sidelines about not hanging all the ornaments at their eye level.

Spencer heard sounds in our garage one evening, and this is what we found when we opened the door - eek! Time to figure out how to block the opening.

We're very lucky to have a park just a couple of blocks away. We like taking the occasional family stroll down to enjoy the trees and let the kids play on the playground. Jaden gets to ride in style in our jogging stroller:

We found a big pile of leaves that the boys just couldn't resist!

Greg taking Jaden for a horsey ride. It's never too early!

What could possibly be holding Jaden's interest?

Ah, it's his big brother and constant entertainer Colin!

I took this picture at 4 am one morning when I came out and all the lights were off but the tree. So pretty! I love this time of year!

Despite my best efforts to prevent it, Jaden really loves to suck his fingers. He started out with his right hand and then switched to his left. He usually sucks two fingers at once - I'm not a giant fan of finger-sucking (because I remember how hard it was to break that habit *myself* as a kid), but it is cute!

Jaden is teething bigtime. He always wants something in his mouth. This is a teether that he likes, though he takes turns chewing and sucking on it.

Here's Jaden getting his first taste of rice cereal! Colin and Spencer both were excited to feed him. Seriously, is there any better entertainment than a baby? Jaden loved the cereal and was enthusiastic about it, though he also kept stuffing his fingers in his mouth which hampered the process a bit.


Greg and Colin had fun putting a whole bunch of toys in front of Jaden to see what he'd do. (Answer: eventually get frustrated that he couldn't reach all of them, put his face down to the floor, and cry until someone took pity on him.)

Soon we'll get to celebrate Christmas with a baby in the house again! So fun!

Comments

Sharie said…
I am so grateful for things like blogs that I can get updated pictures!! Your boys are so cute!
April said…
Oh my gosh, that first picture is KILLING me. He is SO adorable and his eyes, wow. Can I have him for Christmas? Sigh...
Remodelaholic said…
It is so fun to see Jaden growing! I LOVed that he just feel asleep in the swing, that is too funny!

AS soon as I opened up your blog I had a little companion pointing out the baby!! And very insistently telling me every time she sees him!