Piano Arrangement: "Coventry Carol/Bring A Torch..."


For our Christmas program last week, I was asked to perform a number. I chose two slightly more obscure numbers, "The Coventry Carol" (also known as "Lully Lullay,") and "Bring A Torch Jeanette Isabella." I started working on the Coventry melody first, but its modal/minor sound needed to go somewhere else after it ends on a major chord, and somehow "Bring a Torch" worked itself in and so I ended up with a medley of the two. The video above is a semi-live recording of the piece that I arranged and played.

Here's another version on Soundcloud that should allow an mp3 download of the piece:
Greg Whitehead - Coventry Carol/Bring a Torch by GWGumby

And finally, by sibling request, here is the sheet music and midi versions:
Sheet music
and
Midi file

Comments

Sharie said…
oh I had seen the post and even listened to the music again, but somehow I missed the sheet music. Thanks for the email!