Greg's Favorites of 2008

I did this last year so I figured I'd continue this as a traditional post. As I said in last year's post: I'm going to give a list of my favorite things from 2008. Why? So I can look back in a few years and say, "Oh yeah, that's when I liked that silly thing that is now so out-of-fashion it's almost chic again."

Music:
2007 was probably one of my favorite years for music. 2008 is close behind, but nothing was quite as great as last year.
The albums that I listened to the most this year were:
  • The Feeling - Join With Us

  • Josh Fix - Free At Last:

  • Bryan Scary and the Shredding Tears - Flight of the Knife

  • Rongedal - Rongedal


  • Royworld - Man In The Machine

  • Keane - Perfect Symmetry

  • X-Queen of the Astronauts - Hello, Pretty-Pretty!

  • Delays - Everything's The Rush

  • Guillemots - Red

  • Roger Joseph Manning Jr - Catnip Dynamite

  • Apes & Androids - Blood Moon

  • Ben Folds: Way To Normal
  • I couldn't find a video to embed since the official ones were disabled. So here's a link to my favorite song on YouTube.

Podcasts:
I've added this section from last year. As I "commute" to work each day (as in either walk or drive a couple miles depending on what I'm doing that day) I listen to a lot of podcasts. I figured I'd list my favorites from this year as they tend to change over time.
Movies:
There were some pretty great films this year. I definitely enjoyed films more this year than last. Here are my more favorite films of the year.
  • Dark Knight
  • Iron Man
  • Wall-E
  • Indiana Jones & The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. (There's a lot of backlash on this one, but I still enjoyed it quite a bit.)
  • Kung Fu Panda
  • Get Smart
  • Ghost Town
  • Run Fatboy Run
  • Cloverfield
I managed to steer clear of most of the worst this year, I believe. Although I'd have to say "X-Files" was definitely one of the worst films I saw.

TV:
These are the shows I enjoyed the most this past year.
  • The Office
  • Lost
  • Chuck
  • 30 Rock
  • American Idol (we finally got sucked in this year!)
  • The Big Bang Theory
  • The I.T. Crowd (a hilarious British sitcom that finally showed in the US this year.)
  • Burn Notice
One of my highest favorites from last year, "Heroes" we gave up on after about 4 episodes in the new season. It's weird when one of your favorite shows can suddenly feel like a chore to watch.

And that's it for 2008! See you again in 2009.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Greg,

Thanks for listening to the podcast!

-David