A scrappy weekend

Last weekend I went on a wonderful, relaxing scrapbook retreat to the Compass Centre down by Hillsboro. This was my fourth time going, and it just gets better every time. I got 65 pages done in three days, which is WAY more than I ever get done at home.

The Compass Centre was built specifically for quilter and scrapbooker retreats. It is so fun and colorful! The main area has lots of space - enough for 33 people to have 2 4-foot tables for their own exclusive use all weekend, with lots of extra table space on the side. There's a window open to the kitchen, and wonderful smells waft out temptingly before lunch and dinner.

The meals - oh, the meals! The ladies who work there are amazing, and their food is fabulous.

There are colorful quilts hanging on the hallway walls, and each room has a theme with a different design of quilt on each bed. Here are some of my favorites:



Of course, the best thing of all about going on a retreat is getting to work alongside a bunch of wonderful women. Michelle Kirchner (who used to be in my ward, and whom I've known off and on since I was 9) came this time, and we giggled a LOT together.

This amazing lady, Julia Stonecipher, is the Creative Memories consultant who pulls this retreat together twice a year and makes it a wonderful experience for everyone who goes:

I had so much fun meeting new people and catching up with old friends there. This retreat is one of the highlights of my year, and I'm so grateful to Greg for supporting me going and to my mom for staying with my kids so I could go for the entire time!

Comments

Kirchner Family said…
OK - that is a terrible picture of me! Ugh! I had a great time - you are always such a fun and upbeat person to be around! Thank-you so much for going! You forgot the part about being able to stay in our pjs all day long!
Cindy Killebrew said…
65 pages!? That's crazy! I bet you two had a blast. Congrats on getting all that accomplished!
Donelle said…
Way to go! I can only imagine how much fun that was. I'm SO glad that you were able to go!
April said…
That retreat looks fabulous! I'm glad that you were able to go and that you had such a great time!
clicker59 said…
Maria those photos are so cute and that is so typical of Julia I haven't seen her since the Christmas Holidays but I will be getting back in to the scrapbooking this summer Since there are photos that needs to go in a traditional Scrapbooking and at the end of this year I will have the digital scrapbooking printed out I love the price of that.