Getting set for General Conference


Twice a year, instead of going to our regular church meetings, we have General Conference, where the leaders of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints speak to members worldwide to give direction, counsel, comfort and hope. There are two sessions Saturday (and a third in the evening for the men), and two Sunday - so it ends up being 8 hours for us and 10 for Greg.

We all look forward to Conference weekend. We feel very blessed to be able to sit in the comfort of our own home and watch it on our TV! Better yet, we have it recorded on our DVR so we can pause or rewind if needed (how did we ever live without that?).

Here's our setup for watching Conference this time.

Colin and Spencer brought in their desk chairs from their clubhouse and set up a table between them to hold all their snacks and stuff. They have some printed out Conference activities (like Conference Bingo, match-the-speaker-to-the-picture, and so on) to help keep them focused.

Greg likes to have a project to do over Conference weekend. This time he's working on a picture for our living room.

It is going to be so cool!

I like to have something to do with my hands while I listen, too. I've been working on this cross-stitch project for 8 years now. Since I only pull it out twice a year, I anticipate being 80 or so by the time I finally finish it. (;

Now we're all set to listen!

Comments

Sharie said…
Next time you get our name for Christmas, I want a picture done by Greg! Can't wait to see the finished product of the one you are working on now.
charles&Eileen said…
I put my comment about Greg's art in the wrong area. Sorry.
Papa mentioned how impressed he was that the boys have something set up for them to enjoy conference. I agree.
Your cross stitch looks great so far Maria. Hope it gets done before I'm 80.
Remodelaholic said…
I am excited to see that Greg is starting the picture for your living room! And it looks great already, what a talent!

And I understand the cross-stitch thing, I always start those and never finish unless they are only 2 inches tall!
Kirchner Family said…
We like to sit in our pj's all day and eat snack food! I love conference weekend!